The 2021 Award Contest of the Institute of Architecture and Urbanism of Serbia for the best master’s theses and doctoral dissertations in the field of architecture and urbanism and spatial planning is open for entries.
The Institute of Architecture and Urbanism of Serbia traditionally awards annual prizes for the best master’s theses and doctoral dissertations defended at the faculties of universities in Serbia with departments or chairs in the field of architecture, urbanism and spatial planning, as follows:
• Annual Award “Milorad Macura” for the best master’s thesis in the field of architecture and urbanism;
Annual Award “Milorad Macura” for the best doctoral dissertation in the field of architecture and urbanism;
• Annual Award “Dimitrije Perišić” for the best master’s thesis in the field of spatial planning;
• Annual Award “Dimitrije Perišić” for the best doctoral dissertation in the field of spatial planning.
• Awards are given for the best master’s theses and doctoral dissertations defended in the previous school year (2020/2021), i.e. in the current year until December 15, 2021, for the proposals submitted in accordance with the contest announcement;
• Proposals for awards are submitted in writing or electronically to the Secretariat of the Institute, within 75 days from the date of the competition, or from September 30 to December 15 of the current year (address: Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 73 / II, e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the note: For the Institute’s Award);
• The right to nominate a work for the award has the dean of the faculty, the head of the department, the head of the chair, the committee for selection of works, and the mentor of the work;
• The proposal for the award shall contain a letter from the proposer with the following: proposer’s details, candidate’s details (name and surname, study area, work title, short biography, address and telephone number), mentor’s details, short presentation/explanation paper, a copy of the master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation (obligatory in electronic form, and preferably in printed form, which shall be returned to the proposer).
The decisions on awards shall be made by January 15, 2022, with a written explanation of the Commission of the Institute and published on the website of the Institute and in an advertisement in the media. The awards will be presented at the ceremony on the occasion of Saint Sava’s Day, on January 27, at the Institute.
The annual awards consist of a plaque, a set of publications, and a review of the awarded work in the “Architecture and Urbanism”, a national journal of international importance published by the Institute. Annual awards also may consist of prize money in accordance with the financial capabilities of the Institute, the amount of which is determined by the Board of Directors of the Institute on the proposal of the Director.